Tuesday, March 15, 2005
Culture and Christianity
One of my reflection lately is the power of culture in most of Bataknese life and even in other cultural life. As christians, i notice that many of us are still bounded and consider this as the important thing in our life. It determine our status among others. And if we cannot fulfil the culture request, we will be abandoned from the'brotherhood'.
What a pity, I think.

I wonder, is it really needed? Shouldn't we have to place the Word in the first place? Shouldn't we have to seek God will and put it as the most important thing?

What I read today is a book which strenghten my thought:
Christians believe that what is good is determined by the will of God, nut by culture. The goal of ethics is not cultural conformity but transformation into the likeness of Christ. All Christians in every culture are invited to have the mind of Christ, to humble themselves and be servants to others. (Phil 2).
(bernard t. adeney)

I hope we, christians, would know what is good and what is not. God bless us.
posted by Eve @ 5:18 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Eve
Home: Jakarta, Indonesia
About Me: A melancholic - choleric girl. Very moody. I hate this:) but I love the ones that have been very good to me: Abang, My baby Mathias, My ortu, Een, Imel, Ita, all my family, my grandma, my friends... so many-many person God gave to me to remind me that He cares for me.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.

Other things
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

SITE STATS